Lake Annand Park in South Toowoomba forms part of the East Creek Recreation Corridor.
The park was initially established in 1955 and is named after Toowoomba's longest serving mayor, James Douglas Annand.
The park comprises two hectares and contains an artificially man made lake and ponds with water features including a pulsating water fountain.
The original bridge over the lake was constructed between 1966 and 1967. Modifications to the bridge to improve accessibility were made during 1984. In 2011 the original bridge was completely replaced with a steel bridge.
The park is a great place for recreational and social events, and it includes cycleways, gazebo, barbecue facilities, boardwalks along the lake and children play area. Duck feeding is common, and the park is also used for wedding ceremonies.
Official council web page for Lake Annand Park.