Originally known as Queen's Park State School, its origin dates back to 1887 when two and a half acres was reserved for the school and when a single timber building designed for a capacity of 235 students was built. As enrolment numbers started to increase, the school had five buildings by 1932.
By the mid 1930s, the schools buildings were still not sufficient to accommodate the ever increasing number of student enrolments and a new school building was built between 1935 and 1936 at a cost of £16,326.
The new building was designed to accommodate 640 students when it opened in 1937, but by this time enrolments were still way above this number. This building is today known as Block A.
Heritage listing on the Queensland Heritage Register was effected on July 28th 2017.