Named after Harlaxton House, the nineteenth century residence of Francis Thomas Gregory (1821-1888) explorer, Commissioner of Crown Lands, Darling Downs and MLC 1874-88. Harlaxton was used by the Governor of Queensland, Lord Lamington, as a summer residence 1896-1901.

Named and bounded by Queensland Place Names Board 1 June 1981. Named and bounded by the Minister for Natural Resources 21 July 2000. Locality re-gazetted by an Amendment Notice published in the Government Gazette on the 5 April 2012 due to the council amalgamations under the Local Government Reform Implementation Act 2007. Boundary amendment between Harlaxton and Mount Lofty, via action #17092, effective from 11/04/2018.


Median House Price




decorative divider

Toowoomba's Weather

Weather Icon
Air Temperature: 6.4°C
Aust. BOM logo

Coat of Arms

Toowoomba coat of arms

Toowoomba's Flag

Toowoomba Flag

Server Stats

  • Users 1
  • Articles 208
  • Articles View Hits 252305