Did you know...?
- Toowoomba is built on top of the caldera of a now extinct volcano!
- It has been known to snow on rare occasions in the higher parts of the city!
- The Lamington was invented in Toowoomba!
- Toowoomba's floral emblem is the Toowoomba Violet (Viola Odorata) also known as Sweet Violet.
- The original inhabitants of where Toowoomba city now stands were the Aboriginal People know as the Giabal!
- A section of Prince Henry Drive, known as Gravity Point (also known as a magnetic hill or gravity hill), appears to be on a slope but a car will not move if placed into neutral.