Originally settled in 1847, Drayton was named and bounded as a suburb of the City of Toowoomba by Queensland Place Names Board 1 June 1981. Drayton was most likely named by Thomas Alford (1818-1864) storekeeper, after Drayton, Somersetshire, England, where his father Charles Alford ( - ) was vicar. Thomas Alford opened a store at Drayton in August 1842. Drayton was known as The Springs from around 1840 to 1847. Named and bounded by the Minister for Natural Resources 21 July 2000. Locality re-gazetted by an Amendment Notice published in the Government Gazette on the 5 April 2012 due to the council amalgamations under the Local Government Reform Implementation Act 2007.
Median House Price