Clifford House was also known as St James' Palace and was the main residence of James Taylor and his family until his passing.
The land on which Clifford House resides on was originally granted to William Horton in 1852.
Originally intended as a gentleman's club, construction was completed in the second part of the 1860s.
For the most part, significant renovations have been made internally over the years, though externally the building has remained largely untouched.
Current usage of the building is by the Queensland government
Listing on the Queensland Heritage Register took place on the 21st October 1992.
address: 120 Russell St, Toowoomba QLD 4350