Named and bounded by Queensland Place Names Board 1 June 1981. Possibly named after James T. Wilson ( - ) Toowoomba businessman, supporter of the Toowoomba Agricultural Society and unsuccessful contender for the Legislative Assembly seat of Darling Downs in 1878. Named and bounded by the Minister for Natural Resources 21 July 2000. Boundaries adjusted by the Minister for Natural Resources, Mines and Water 04 August 2006. Locality re-gazetted by an Amendment Notice published in the Government Gazette on the 5 April 2012 due to the council amalgamations under the Local Government Reform Implementation Act 2007.