Named and bounded by Minister for Environment, Valuation and Administrative Services 1 June 1981. Named and bounded by the Minister for Natural Resources 21 July 2000. Previously known as part of Middle Ridge. Re-named in about 1960, probably in honour of the centenary of Queensland separation from NSW in 1859. [Toowoomba Historical Society, ANPS files] Locality re-gazetted by an Amendment Notice published in the Government Gazette on the 5 April 2012 due to the council amalgamations under the Local Government Reform Implementation Act 2007.