Did you know...?
- Toowoomba is built on top of the caldera of a now extinct volcano!, that's why the floods happened in the city centre, because of the concave land formation after the volcano became extinct, all the water rushed back into the city centre.
- It has been known to snow on rare occasions in the higher parts of the city!
- The Lamington was invented in Toowoomba!
- Toowoomba's floral emblem is the Toowoomba Violet (Viola Odorata) also known as Sweet Violet.
- The original inhabitants of where Toowoomba city now stands were the Aboriginal People know as the Giabal!